Jean-Baptiste Létang sets up a mould-making workshop called ''Aux Armes de Bretagne'' at 82, rue Quincampoix in Paris. This qualified tradesman started out by delivering tin-plated moulds to chocolate makers.

The international panel for the Universal Exposition in Paris bestows an honourable mention award on Messieurs Létang Father and Son for their “perfectly formed tin-plated, sweet-shaped moulds”.
The Létang Père et Fils company relocates to 83 rue du Temple.
Eugénie Létang and her son Victor Louis Henri aged 10 years, manage the company after the death of Henri Victor.
The historical report for the year 1867 shows the company as having improved its tin-plated mould manufacturing activity by using a stamping method and a very complicated mechanical instrument. The report said: “During this period (1832) Mr. Létang, an excellent tradesman, started a special company for exporting chocolate moulds and thanks to improvements carried out by himself and his son pertaining to the equipment and the manufacturing process, the company still exists and is today recognised as the leader in its field”.
1870 to 1940
3rd Republic: The company continues to receive medals during the various Universal Expositions.
Eugénie Létang creates the oldest catalogue. The Létang company still keeps this catalogue.
The almanac of Sébastien Bottin specifies that the Létang company makes imaginative moulds, porcelain imitations, human and animal figures.
The third Universal Exposition in Paris, where the Létang company once again receives recognition.
Victor Louis Henri at the age of 27 succeeds his mother Eugénie as Head of Létang Fils.
At the fourth Paris held Universal Exposition, the Létang company receives the most euphoric acclamation from the panel of judges: “The mould makers of Paris were world-wide distributors.”
Létang Fils purchases a building at no. 108 de la rue vieille du temple.
The Létang Fils company celebrates the fifth Universal Exposition in Paris with a chocolate mould faithful to its family tradition.
The Létang company sons, Messrs. A and M (A for André and M for Marcel) publish a catalogue which reproduces 3200 different models and this is only one sample.
André and Marcel take over from their father Victor Louis Henri.
André and Marcel Létang head up the Létang Fils company which now has 250 employees. They open up a store in Brussels, one in Rotterdam and a third in Turin.
During this period, nickel-plated sheets in turn threaten the widespread use of tin-plated steel moulds, which had dethroned solid tin.
1930 to 1934
André, Marcel and their elder brother Henry publish a wide range of catalogues with a red cover in the Art Deco style that becomes renowned world-wide. They adopt an oval seal that is stamped on all their products. Today, this seal remains the signature for all work produced by the company.
Jacques Létang heir to André, sells the Létang Fils company. The Létang Fils label is taken over by two new managers, André Boaziz and Pierre Nathan, who continue to exploit the 12000 designs in stock.
Tin-plated steel is abandoned for nickel-plated stainless steel.
Létang Fils relocates to rue Alfred Déquéant in Nanterre.
Three people take control of Létang Fils Ltd: Jean-René NABAT CEO of Emballage Technologies, a company specialising in packaging line engineering and construction; Jean-François PERRAULT CEO of Ouest Pack, company specialising in producing flexible packaging films; and Pascal LE DAYO the Operations manager for Tamain Emballages, producing trays and flexible packaging in folded greaseproof paper.
The Létang Fils company returns to the birthplace of the Létang family in Brittany. In April, the company moves to the neighbouring site of Tamain Emballages at Coray in the south of Finistère (Land’s End).

The Létang Fils company moves to the factory that it built in the industrial zone of Coray.
A specific workshop houses the art machines that make the exquisitely carved and sturdy Létang Fils moulds and dies.